Back to blogging about my Hong Kong trip.
Day 2
Woke up like 9am in the morining and decided to try a tea house nearby our hotel. Apparently, my parents went there at 7am ( because they woke up at 6 and decided to explore our neighbourhood while me and my sis were still sleeping ) and saw quite a number of customers eating and since the theory of crowd is always right,
Got people means food nice or food cheap
so they decided to give it a try.

A picture of their tables. In HongKong tea houses, they simply LOVE putting their menu in between the top surface of the table and a piece of glass so that costumers can like read the menu without denting their menus, which are usually made of paper, that is unlaminated.
And I ordered this pork cutlet rice. They even gave me this salted vegetable cooked with lean pork. I swear to you, the pork cutlet is really nice.

I love eat is so much that I did not realise the meat on the extreme left is acutally bone and I almost lost my teeth because I try to take a bite out of it. So stupid of me.

Their ice milk tea in this really nice glass.

And pig organs ( I think is the intestine ) on the right. On the left, those yellow-white monochrome balls look really cute and guess what is it.
It is porcupine meat! It tastes a little like squid and fish. There is actually the gravy ( which is yellow in colour and sort of slimey ) in it, which oozes out after you bite on it. Ok, although it sounds not really nice, it is quite alright except that I really hate it when they put it on a bed of beansprouts. I mean can they put it on other vegetables like lettuces or sth? Why does food always revolve around parsley and beansprouts?

A random picture of their city in the day...

We took train to Admiralty station and we puchased our tickets to ocean park.

My ocean park admission ticket.

Front view of the ocean park.

Air balloons. Apparently, the colourful airballoon with the picture of a bear is actually one of the rides in the park. So you will sit into the little basket under the airballoon, and it will ascend to 100 metres for about 5 minutes, after which, it will then descend. But however, during the time I visited the park, this attraction was closed because the wind was really strong. They had to stop that activity before the little basket gets overturned by the wind and capsizes, resulting in some sort of 'human rain'.
Or maybe worst, the strings attached to the balloon gets snapped off by god-knows-what-reasons and the air balloon gets blown to Dubai or something...
Anyway, the park is split into 2, with the lowlands park and the highlands park. In the lowlands, you will have aviary, sealion theatres, dolphin encounters and those kiddish rides like merry-go-round. While in the highlands, you have like the roller coasters, freaking thrill rides like vertical drop, shark aquarium, jellyfish world and etc. So you will enter into the lowlands from the main entrance and in order to get to the high lands, you have to take the fricking cable car.
Which is not really a good thing because 2 days before we reach Hongkong, another cable car line ( which connects the famous Giant Buddha to the nearby mrt ) actually snapped and one of their cars just dropped down and smashed before it rollled off a hill. Ok, maybe it didn't rolled off since their cable cars are all cubic-shaped. But maybe since the cable car line was situated near the Giant buddha, the Buddha decided to be nice and tada, the car that actually got tumbled down was vacant! All thanks to the Buddha.
But irregardless, how am I suppose to sit in the cable car in peace when you just heard another cable car line in HongKong snapped off! So throughout the cable ride from the lowlands to the highlands, I was like trembling throughout and despite my face was shivering with cold sweat, I decided not to move a inch at all cause who knows, maybe I lift my little finger and the car dropped down too? So it was Thank Guan-Ying-mah when my car safely reached the other side of the park.
Oh ya, behind the cable car that we were in, there was this mother and a 5 year old daughter. And to my greatest horror, DID YOU KNOW WHAT THE LITTLE GIRL WAS DOING?! She was like sitting there and DRINKING a packet of Vitasoy. I almost fainted when I see her. How on earth can some one do that? When your cable car is suspended high up on mountainous regions and you can happily sit on the cable car, sipping your straw and totally be oblivious of the surroundings? Maybe her mother went to the temple to get themselves a safety charm or something so they are not afraid of the ride at all.

A picture of a potential cause of suicide.
So we reached the highlands and I totally forgot the existance of my camera, which result in only a few photos taken.

A picture of recycling bins. Hong Kong government places a huge emphasis on recycling. Even on plastic bags, they even print things like ( this bag is made of bio-degradale stuff and will decompose in 12-24 months upon burial ). And on the streets of HongKong, recycling bins are ubiquitous, unlike Singapore, which are rather erm uncommon.

A picture of their telephone. Totally love it. You can talk and talk as if everything is alright even there might be thunderstorms or hurricanes happening outside the telephone booth.

A picture of one of their roller-coasters, which is mine train. The other was called the dragon and apparently it got closed down for technical reasons. I heard that the dragon roller coaster actually had an accident 8 years ago, when the train got dislodged off the tracks and flew off. But as it is not situated near the Giant Buddha, the train that got dislodged off had full capacity, so needless to say, everyone died.
But whether these roller coasters have history of death does not really concern me because in the end, I never sit. Yesh, I am a coward. -.-

A picture of their aquarium! Really nice!
And after like sitting the ferris wheel and observatory tower, we headed back to our hotel cause we were very lethargic and I realised that we missed out so many stuff such as the dolphins show, the jelly fish aquarium and THE GIANT PANDA exhbition which only opens in mid July. I so want to go back there.

The souvenir I bought for myself from Ocean park!

Picture of their bus. LOOk, they have 2 tvs just on the first floor. When is Singapore going to install another TV mobile on their buses?
So after reaching home, we washed home and get ready to meet another of my mother's friend, or should I say god daughter. It so happened that she came to Hongkong too with her friends, and decided to show us around since she has came here quite a few times.
We had dinner at this rather packed tea house and my sister say one of the waiter was really handsome.

Their cheesy pork baked rice.

And a glass of ice lemon tea. Ice lemon tea is another favourite drink for Hong Kong people besides tea and coffee and Ovaltine. So after dinner, we shopped around at Lady's street and bought those lar-lar-zup-zup stuff.
Taking off for now and arriving God knows when...
|